Jobs: Mobile Developer - iOS
We're looking for you!
Nebenan.de is a free local online service to strengthen neighbourhoods: neighbours can connect to exchange recommendations, things, help and news.
We are a fast growing social business, currently focussing to roll out our service to all bigger cities across Germany. The founding team of nebenan comes with a lot of experience in building successful digital companies.
We are looking for an iOS developer to help our team create a great mobile experience for nebenan.de. We like writing clean code, implementing the latest programming paradigms, keeping track of our bugs, and use the best libraries available. We use modern cloud based services like Firebase, we perform continuous integration with automated builds on every code push and we have testers that make sure our apps work as desired. Help us create a powerful team on bringing the best features to our users pockets.
Sounds interesting? Send us your portfolio of projects and/or GitHub profile link, any links to apps on the App Store you have collaborated with, your CV and a Cover Letter about what's your motivation on working with us to: email@example.com
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Your nebenan.de Team
- Work together with the iOS lead developer on building our iOS App using Swift.
- Translate wireframes and designs into a working product.
- Implement new features, fix bugs and create automated tests.
- You will also get the following highly professional support: Product team (Product Owner, concept, wireframing, graphics, QA), Backend Dev team, Web-Frontend team happy to support app dev.
- You have at least 3 years of experience as an iOS developer.
- Usability and the user’s perspective is your primary concern.
- You used Interface Builder and Storyboards.
- You are willing to share knowledge, discuss code and compromise on best practices.
- Good knowledge of Objective-C, the cocoa/cocoatouch framework and first experiences with Swift.
- You are intrinsically motivated and passionate about iOS technology, news and trends.
- You have experience in working with protocols, MVC, MVVM and/or other programming paradigms. Plus you like to use those effectively!
- Experience with RESTful network architectures. Bonus: You have used REST API based network libraries on iOS.
- Bonus: You know how to write useful Unit Tests or Instrumentation Tests.
- Bonus: deep knowledge/background in any different tech domain
- Bonus: you also speak German
- Bonus: you’ve worked as a freelancer or ran your own company at some point in your career
What we offer
- Working on a pure Swift App
- To join a small and excellent team
- Responsibility for a product with meaning that a lot of people will use
- Open company culture, leadership based on competence
- Flexible working hours